Nothing says Canadian like .CA
.CA is the ccTLD for Canada introduced in 1987 and managed by the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA). As of May 2010, there are over 1.4 million registered .CA domains.
.CA domains are priced at $14/year. See prices for all domains.
Why offer .CA?
.CA makes a domain instantly recognizable as Canadian to internet users around the world. This extension is reserved for Canadians only, so it is an excellent way for a Canadian individual or company to stand out among the mass of .COMs, which are often assumed to be American.
A .CA domain allows a person or company to:
- Identify themselves as Canadian: .CA is Canada's Internet identity, reserved for Canadians, recognized and trusted worldwide.
- Get the name they want: They'll have a short dot-ca name that says you're Canadian, not a long dot-com name that says they're one of almost 70 million organizations that most Canadians view as American.
- Reach Canadians where they shop: Over 60% of Canadians prefer .ca for online shopping—it's under Canadian law, with no customs or exchange rates.
- Keep their identity secure: .CA domain names are kept safe and secure in an independent national registry.
.CA Marketing materials and resources
- NEW! Why .CA? - The benefits of a .CA domain (PDF)
- .CA Testimonials - Learn how .CA has helped Canadian Businesses succeed
- The History of .CA (PDF)
- What's in a Name? A guide to Domain Name Registration (PDF)
- .CA Email Template - includes images and HTML for promoting .CA (ZIP)