goMobi Marketing Resources
Download Updated Marketing Resources
Newly updated for the goMobi v1.7 release! Now available: goMobi videos, product information sheets, FAQs, and release notes.
Positioning and Selling goMobi with OpenSRS
goMobi positions itself as a value-added service rather than a standalone product because its strength is in taking existing websites, and turning those into fully mobile-compatible sites. While it does work as a standalone offering, goMobi works well as a complement to an existing website to extend the reach of that site to mobile audiences.
By the numbers
An ideal starting point for you to build interest would be to reach out to your customers, especially businesses, who have a pre-existing website. Some key messaging points might be:
- There are four mobile phones to every PC in the world, and they are increasingly being used to look for businesses on the Web
- It's estimated that 60% of consumers worldwide have access to the internet via their mobile phone
- Web traffic from mobile devices increased 110% in North America and 148% globally in the past year alone
- Studies show that a mobile-friendly site creates an overall traffic increase of 13%
- Of the mobile users that have a bad experience when they visit a website (e.g. difficult navigation because the site isn't optimized for mobile browsers) 61% will not go back to the site.
Offer a free trial!
All goMobi subscriptions with OpenSRS are free for the first 30 days. There's nothing special you need to do to provision the free trial - we simply don't bill you for the first 30 days of every goMobi subscription.
This means you can offer your customers a risk-free trial of goMobi using their own domains, so they can see firsthand the value of having a mobile website. Learn more about the free trial
Don't forget .mobi!
While goMobi can be used with any TLD, .mobi domains tell a visitor that the site is specifically designed to be mobile-friendly. In addition, .mobi will tend to rank higher in mobile search results, as search engines used from mobile devices tend to favour mobile-friendly sites. Packaging a .mobi domain with a goMobi subscription makes for an easy upsell. Learn more about .MOBI domains
NEW! Webinar Archive: Tapping into Mobile Trends with goMobi
In this 45 minute on-demand webinar, we'll discuss the state of the mobile web in 2012 with stats and insights that will help you understand the mobile market and where it is headed.Watch it now
We've put together some marketing resource packs to help you start promoting goMobi.