Getting Started with Trust
Getting Started with the new OpenSRS Trust Service Control Panel
Beginning with the introduction of the new OpenSRS Trust Service, OpenSRS is moving away from the existing Reseller Web Interface (RWI) to a new single control panel. Trust Service is the first service to use this new control panel which provides an easier to use, more flexible interface with which to manage OpenSRS services.
To help you get started with the new control panel, we've assembled some of the more commonly asked questions and answers:
How do I provision a new SSL certificate with OpenSRS Trust Service?
How do I get to the new OpenSRS Trust Service?
- Log into the Reseller Web Interface (RWI), then scroll down and look for the new “OpenSRS Trust Service” section. Click on “Trust Manager” and you’ll be automatically logged into the new control panel.
How do I get back to the Reseller Web Interface (RWI)?
- From the “Trust Manager” click on “Return to the Domains Service” and you’ll be returned to the RWI.
How can I search for existing orders?
- Use the search box on the “View Trust Services” section of the Trust Manager. You can search by domain name to see Trust products and services associated with that domain. Use standard wildcard parameters in the search if you want.
- You can sort and filter existing trust services. Click on the various headings to sort by that parameter, either ascending or descending. Clicking on the grey arrow will open a filter box for that parameter that allows you to include or exclude orders on things like service type or status. You can also filter based on date ranges for service creation and expiry.
- Keep in mind that the new Trust Service and the old SSL Service are separate – orders on the old RWI2 interface must be managed there, and only new orders on the new Trust Service can be managed using the new interface.
How can I manage existing trust services?
- From the “View Trust Services” section of the Trust Manager, you can click on an individual service item once you located it using the search function. You’ll be taken to a detail screen where you can view and edit details for the trust product selected. You can renew a product (where applicable) and resend the certificate via email. Depending on the trust service, you may be able to do things like enable the Norton Secured seal, and Seal in Search features or request an on-demand malware scan. You’ll also see the current scan status and the date and time of the last scan performed. It is also possible to view the CSR submitted with the certificate order, and update the email address associated with the certificate. Keep in mind that the new Trust Service and the old SSL Service are separate – orders on the old RWI2 interface must be managed there, and only new orders on the new Trust Service can be managed using the new interface.
How do I provision new trust services?
- Click on the “Add Trust Service” link in the Trust Manager to add a new service. At any time during the service purchase process you can save as draft to store the information and to continue with the order at a later time. Once all information is added correctly, you can process the order to complete the transaction and initiate the validation process with the chosen provider.