OpenSRS will begin accepting domain registrations that have a registered claim with the Trademark Clearinghouse.
For the first 90 days after a new TLD enters the General Availability phase, a notification is sent to the potential registrant, prior to domain registration, informing them that a trademark claim applies to the requested domain. This trademark claim must be acknowledged and approved before the domain can be registered within 48 hours.
Only if the domain is registered will the trademark claims holder be notified that a domain has been registered matching their trademark claim. The trademark claims holder is not notified of a registration request – i.e. the registration is abandoned after viewing the claims notice.
We have provided additional details below on how claims notices will appear within the RWI, new control panel and API.
• Lookup domain and name_suggest commands will return a new parameter name called “has_claim” with a value of 0 or 1 for new TLDs within the 90 day claims period
• sw_register and process_pending will return a new parameter name called “async_reason” with one of the following values only if the order is submitted to an asynchronous registry or a claim exists:
- general – Order was submitted to an asynchronous registry
- has_claim – Registrant action required before an order can be completed
• An additional reseller agent return code has been added – 260 – Registration is pending registrant review before completing due to claim/trademark
• When placing a domain order with a claim against the domain, a notice will appear both during the order process and after the order is submitted. A notice of an existing claim will not appear during availability results
• Resend Claims Email – To resend the claims email, view the order in progress and click the link “Resend request to the domain owner”
New Control Panel
• “Pending claim” is a new status that will appear when a name has a claim against it
• Resend Claims Email – To resend the claims email, view the domain details page and select “Resend Claim Review Email” from the actions menu
• When placing a domain order with a claim against the domain, an alert will appear asking you to confirm your order